Registered Occupational Therapist – Ottawa
Location: Ottawa (travel to surrounding areas including Kingston, Belleville, Pembroke as required)
Position: Registered Occupational Therapist (FULL-TIME, 35 HOURS PER WEEK)
- Conduct functional capacity evaluations, ergonomic assessments, physical and cognitive demands analyses and job coaching. Travel to a variety of workplaces is required to complete these assessments.
- Recommendations from the assessments and/ or job coaching are used to assist the client in the return to work or stay at work process where barriers exist that are related to physical and/or cognitive injuries or medical conditions.
- Strong ability to assess, document and prepare recommendations and rehabilitation plan.
- Plan, consult and collaborate with appropriate multi-disciplinary team members in the community. Assessment and involvement may also occur in client home and community.
- Work as a member of a team to analyse and make recommendations to successful community re-entry, support on-going rehabilitation and return-to-work.
- Facilitate staff training and education for support network as required.
- Peer review assessment reports, ensuring quality standards are met.
- Maintain ongoing consultation with stakeholders concerning psychosocial issues and other employment barriers of clients.
- Refer and liaising with other agencies to address identified needs of the referred individual as appropriate.
- Must be a practicing and registered member of the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario and abide by membership regulation with regards to clinical and ethical practices.
- Demonstrated experience working with individuals who have experienced traumatic injuries; experience may include a clinical internship.
- Demonstrated experience conducting the types of assessments listed above.
- Experience with concussion rehabilitation, PGAP and exposure therapy an asset.
- Experience with vocational rehabilitation and vocational assessments an asset.
- Working knowledge of government regulations pertaining to WSIB and motor vehicle legislation.
- One to three years of experience in an employment services setting. Experience in clinic and/or community health setting is an asset.
- Advanced clinical skills are required to perform assessments professionally while building a rapport with clients.
- Highly developed report writing and oral communication skills.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, including mediation, negotiation, advocacy, consultation and collaboration.
- Organization and time management skills.
- Good understanding of a variety of disabilities and the needs of people with disabilities.
- Ability to work independently have a suitable home office environment with access to a personal computer for work.
- Ability to travel to conduct assessments.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Bilingualism is an asset.
Salary Range: To be discussed (comprehensive benefits included)
Applications accepted until: Until hired (email application preferred)
Send application and resume to:
Name: Katie Napier
Position: Interim Program Manager – Functional
Rehabilitation Services; Occupational Therapist; Rehabilitation & Clinical Services, Employment Services
Address: 1550 Upper James Street, Unit 302, Hamilton, Ontario L9B 2L6
Telephone: 18774276990 Ext. 5206
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
March of Dimes Canada is committed to a workforce that is reflective of the diverse populations that we serve. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), and accessibility standards across Canada, March of Dimes Canada will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require any accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We are committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive, equitable and accessible.