Complaint Resolution Policy
Your opinion is important to us. It helps us learn, grow and improve. We welcome your feedback, but we also want to hear your concerns and complaints.
At March of Dimes Canada, we take pride in providing high-quality programs and services for people with disabilities. Please rest assured that all complaints are confidential and that we see this as part of our continuous improvement process.
How to make a complaint
If we’ve failed to meet your expectations, please let us know. What happened? How could the situation have been handled differently? What can we do to resolve the issue and/or repair our relationship with you?
There are many ways to make a complaint. You can choose one of the following methods:
- Speak directly to a March of Dimes Canada staff member or volunteer and they will assist you in bringing your complaint forward
- You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can phone us at:
416-425-3463 ext. 7430
or toll-free at 1-800-263-3463 ext. 7430
- You can send a letter to:
March of Dimes Canada Head Office
10 Overlea Blvd.
Toronto, ON M4H 1A4
Our process for handling a complaint
We have a formal, internal process that all employees must follow when a complaint is received.
- We will contact you within two business days to make sure you know we’ve received your complaint. We have a commitment to make every reasonable effort to resolve the matter within an additional five business days.
- We will make sure your complaint remains confidential.
- The complaint will be reviewed by the most appropriate person and they will contact you.
- If a resolution is not found, you will be directed to the next level of management to hear and review your concern.
- Complaints of a legal matter will be brought to the attention of the most appropriate vice president or to the president and CEO
Our external appeals process
If you were unable to find resolution within our internal appeals process, you may be able to bring your concern forward to an external review committee. If you are eligible to access the external appeals process, you will be advised by a member of March of Dimes Canada’s senior leadership team.
The review is conducted by a trained external committee panel of volunteers.
View our full Stakeholder Complaint Resolution Policy (PDF).