Rehabilitation & Clinical Services
MODC Employment Services provides a comprehensive range of specialized assessments and rehabilitation services focused on the unique and complex needs of people with disabilities.
People with disabilities may experience challenges in finding meaningful employment due to various health conditions, physical impairments, functional decline, as well as changes to cognitive and psychological status.
Our goal is to:
- Identify strengths and barriers to employment
- Explore realistic and sustainable job goals
- Recommend appropriate accommodations at work and school
- Restore functionality
- Develop capacity to cope
- Adapt to changes in life relating to disabilities
- Inform and guide treatment, therapy, and other interventions if appropriate.
- Over 4,500 specialized, one-on-one assessments a year
- 150 to 200 assessors
- Ad-hoc or fee-for-service. Fees are generally flat-rated.
- National scope
- Clinical psychologists
- Occupational therapists
- Certified ergonomists
- Vocational evaluators
- Other qualified professionals.
- Injured workers
- People with physical, psychological, and/or developmental disabilities
- Job seekers.
Rehabilitation & Clinical Specialized Assessments
Specialized assessments are conducted to help evaluate clients’ capacity for work, as well as assist with vocational and rehabilitation planning. They may be used to facilitate a return-to-work and assist with the determination of benefits eligibility.
The qualified assessor determine the tools and methods based on the client’s background and needs, as well as referral questions. The comprehensive assessment process may involve clinical interview and observation, file documentation review, standardized psychometric testing, functional evaluation, and job site/home visits.
- Psychological Assessment
- Psycho-educational/Learning Assessment
- Neuropsychological Assessment
- Transferable Skills Analysis
- Labour Market Research
- Vocational Assessment/Evaluation
- Psycho-vocational assessment
- Functional and Cognitive Work Capacity Assessment
- Ergonomic Assessment
- Ergonomic Risk Assessment
- Physical and Cognitive Demands Analysis
- Functional and Cognitive Abilities Evaluation
- Job Site Assessment
- Progressive Goal Attainment Program (PGAP)
- Exposure Therapy
- Cognitive Rehabilitation
- Case Management
Government and provincial online resources
To learn about government and provincial online resources, click here to visit our Resources page.