Learn in-demand skills for our tech-enabled future
SkillingUp offers free, online digital learning paths for people with disabilities, brought to you by March of Dimes Canada, in partnership with Microsoft and CIBC.
We know that employment is vital to financial independence. Now, and in the future, more jobs will require digital skills. That is why we are removing barriers to skills training, and improving access to education, to prepare all Canadians for the changing economy and advance the culture around inclusive hiring.
SkillingUp is empowering Canadians with disabilities by offering free, online learning paths, mapped to in-demand roles, to help grow their technology skills and unlock opportunity. Continuous intake allows learners to progress at their own pace.
Whether you are exploring a new role, or getting started with foundational skills, these resources are available to meet you where you are on your skilling journey. We are connecting skills to opportunities through industry recognized certifications.
SkillingUp might be a good fit for you if:
- You self-identify as a person with a disability
- You face barriers to obtaining traditional education
- You want to learn new skills or upgrade your existing digital skills and become qualified for a tech or tech-enabled job
- You want access to education that you can navigate at your own pace
The program offers learners:
- Clear training paths for specific tech and tech-enabled careers
- Paths for beginner, intermediate, and advanced users
- Microsoft Certificates and LinkedIn Learning certifications
- In-demand soft skills for communication, time management, and tech skills
- Opportunities to connect with employers and mentors
- Offline/low bandwidth accessibility from all devices
- Click the Apply Now button below and provide your contact information
- A member of our team will be in touch to provide additional information
Do you want to learn more about SkillingUp? Join us for a webinar!
We have sessions for applicants (and their families), and others for employers, agencies and schools.